SLFN POST SECONDARY FUNDING:
Applicants must forward the *required documents to the Post Secondary office by the annual application deadline date. Complete application submissions received by the respective deadline date will be processed, and the applicant will be notified in writing once a decision has been made.
Annual Application Deadlines: (Fall term entry)
• Continuing/ Returning Students – May 15th
• New Applicants / Students – June 15th
Annual Application Deadlines: (Winter term entry)
• All applicants – November 15th (pending funding availability)
*List of Required Documents:
• Acceptance Letter from an eligible Post Secondary Educational Institute
• Course Costs for Tuition, Textbooks, Student Fees, etc.
• Completed SLFN Post Secondary Sponsorship Application
• Authorization for Release of Transcripts form
• Copy of Most Recent School Transcripts
• Copy of Current Provincial Health Card
• Copy of Current Status Card
Priority List for Selections:
1. Continuing/ Returning Students
2. High School Graduates
3. Withdrawals for Just Cause – i.e., medical
4. Deferred Applicants – All deferred applicants who were not funded the previous year due to budget restrictions
5. Graduate – Changing Career Goals
6. No Previous Sponsorship
7. Previously Unsuccessful
Types of Funding Available:
• Students attending “Full-time”- if approved, are eligible to receive tuition costs, textbooks, materials & supplies (as required & confirmed), monthly living allowance, and travel costs (as required & confirmed).
• Students attending “Part-time” basis – if approved, are eligible to receive tuition costs, textbooks, materials & supplies (as required & confirmed).
• Post Secondary Institute must be on our funders list of approved Post Secondary Education (PSE) Institutes, see the following link: https://www.aadnc-
• Eligible programs must be one academic year or longer in length.
Myrna McIvor, Coordinator
Swan Lake First Nation – Post Secondary
PO Box 368
Swan Lake, MB
Ph: (204) 836-2101
Toll Free: 1-866-395-3240
Fax: (204) 836-2255